Tuesday, July 09, 2013

"Mandy Moore on fall shows that didn't go: 'You win some and you lose some'."

Here's a nice article about Mandy's failed pilots and her upcoming album, courtesy of Zap2it:
"I tried!" Mandy Moore says with a hapless chuckle about her efforts to star in a fall series. 

The singer-actress provides one of the voices for the "High School USA!" segment of FOX's new "Animation Domination High-Def" block -- which gets a primetime preview Sunday, July 21, before premiering in its regular late-night slot Saturday, July 27 -- but she also had two bids for live-action series for the coming season. 
First was ABC's "Pulling," an adaptation of a British comedy about three women struggling through their 30s. Moore was the first main actress cast, but she left the project, explaining her character was going "in a different direction." (Kristen Schaal took over the role.)  
Then she signed up for CBS' "The Advocates," playing a prosecutor crusading for legal-system underdogs opposite Ben McKenzie. 
Ultimately, neither show was picked up for the 2013-14 schedule. "You know, I'm a firm believer in 'everything for a reason,'" the ever-pleasant Moore tells Zap2it. "and although disappointments sort of come and go, I am so proud of the pilot that I was a part of this year. 
"'The Advocates' was a fantastic show," Moore says of the drama that was the brainchild of "The Mentalist" mentor Bruno Heller. "That's the only thing you're in control of, and I felt so lucky to have found that show and have found myself a part of it. I was proud to do something I had never really done before; it was a real change of pace for me, the tone and the character I was playing." 
In the end, Moore reasons, "You win some and you lose some, and you just have to get back up to bat again. That's what I'm looking for, the next sort of special thing that will continue to push me as an actor ... hopefully with great people to work with. You just keep on keepin' on, I guess." 
Part of Moore's "keepin' on" is an album she's had in the works for a while with husband Ryan Adams. "It sort of comes and goes," she reports of what would be her first music release since "Amanda Leigh" in 2009. 
"I've been waiting for Ryan to finish up his own music so he can have his plate clear," she says. "I'd like to get a head-start on it sometime later this summer, and maybe it will find its way out into the world early next year. I really want to go back out on tour again -- I was sad I didn't get to do that with the last record -- and it's nice to have that creative influence around the house. It only ignites that fire in me more."

No comments:

Post a Comment